Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hospital scare: August 29th

So it may have been all the excitement from the baby shower, being in the heat and not drinking enough water, or I'm just a wimp, but on Saturday night I had the WORST contractions and back pains I've ever had. I was bawling for over an hour because of them and I had a serious feeling something was wrong. So around 10pm or so (can't remember) Garrett and I headed to Jordan Valley Hospital. (Slight digression: I was planning on delivering there while I was on Medicaid but I'm getting on Garrett's insurance so now I'm planning on delivering at the IMed hospital in Murray since that's where his insurance goes.) So we get there and I'm still kind of crying during contractions. They hook me up to the heartbeat monitor and contraction monitor and I'm having contractions about 2-3 minutes apart. Baby is fine and I'm still dilated to a 2. The nurse says I need to drink two of those huge hospital mugs of water in an hour or I'll need an IV and that she'll check me again in an hour to see if there's any change. I finish the first mug in a half hour and press the nurse button and tell her I finished it and she says she'll bring more but she never did...oh well, whatever, I had to pee really bad anyway. She comes back about 45 minutes after that and checks me again...no change :[ I wanted so badly to be more dilated! I want her out (as I've said many times before). She said I was still contracting every 2-3 minutes but sent me home with a list of reasons to come back. Conclusion: disappointing evening but could've been worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment